Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 109: It begins.














Today looks like a normal day. Sure, the black has grown in size again, and for some reason the other mold is growing hills shaped, like the white/green is land and the black is ocean, and the spiders etc. Are gone. Nothing to worry about, nothing suprising at all...

That was until i took a second look.


Sparklinginthesunlight.jpg





(Enlarge the picture!)



First of all, i think this is one of the prettiest pictures that i have taken in the last 109 days, remember those glass-fiber lights that change in colors all the time when spinning around? Shoggoth can do that!
The fuzzy hair is reflecting the light from the flash like that. Awsome! And thanks to this, we can see that these strings are spreading out in tiny amounts to.


Nature's Plumbing.









Mother nature finally decided that filling and hardening the egg-crater was a good idea, and i think so to because it smelled like fucking shit even through my masks.
And as i mentioned before, everything is growing hillshaped and the hole is one of the only parts left unaffected by the black goo.

And for the people who missed it, two days ago i pretended to be affected with Cordyceps to a friend. "Operation Streetlight was a succes. He just stared at me for like, 5 minutes straight and then tried to all me, and right when my phone went off i accidently lost my grip and fell down. That was so damn worth it."


And now for the bad part...
The black goo.

Many of you have identified the black goo/mold as a mold that causes various disease symptoms that i have had a week ago, right before it started growing, and its not only dangerous for me, but also for the people in my house and even worse; The house it self.

It also sometimes looks like it contains air bubbles and then later it looks like it just burst/erupted. It's like a swamp gas volcano, it breathes. It might even be spreading spores right now. I compared it to the generic horror movie/game black goo that mind controls people and mutates animals, well, it might be getting close to that.

But you might wonder, "according to your logic Thijs, that is not a bad part at all it's awsome."
Yes. So far it is.

THIS IS THE DAMN BAD PART OF THE STORY










THEY LIVE. THEY CRAWL. THEY EAT.
THEY FUCKING REPRODUCE.
As some of you might recall, this is the thing that i hate the most. As far as i know they are not maggots though, maggots would have been BLEACH TIME.

But really. If there exists a higher power, he has been trolling me now. First i had spawned pure sickness and death in a jar, to so far that some people still call me Pestilence (one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.) But now Shoggoth also stands for life.
This is exactly the thing that i did NOT want to happen.

Let's put it another way.
The biblical apocalypse has Seven seals. If the seven seals are broken, everything is doomed.
These creatures are the second broken seal of the Shoggoth apocalypse.
The first seal was me getting sick for a week straight and actually feeling really fucking bad about it.

I don't know how much seals i can break before i end this, but you know me as a batshit insane guy anyway so don't worry just yet.

I just checked the little fuckers again,
And they are diggers. As in, i couldn't find them because they dug themselves into Shoggoth again. So basicly... They live inside the layers of all devouring shit, and they SURVIVE it.
And even worse,
THERE COULD BE MORE OF THEM AND THERE PROBALLY IS.

Shit man, shit... Can anyone indentify the little ones for me? I... Lets just say that i don't really want to.

The black goo doesnt scare me anymore, only its inhibitants.

56 comments:

  1. BLAST THEM WITH PISS

    ReplyDelete
  2. KILL IT WITH FIRE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stab the fuckers with a knife. Shoggoth should take care of their corpses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm... thats really not good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a god. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the 'little fuckers' look like a mix of centipedes and cockroaches to me. Pretty damn fucking scary.
    And as anon above said, you could try stabbing them with a knife (or throw the knives at them, olololol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, man this is AWESOME.

    You have created a monster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MOTHER OF GOD!!!! keep this project till 2012 then release it. unless there's more "critters" than mold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, kill it now. Make Day 110 the last day. Start over in a couple of days, see if you can do it again, I'd love to follow this whole thing again. But just fucking kill it now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8 minutes ago this was posted. 11 Comments.
    Insects are a public attraction man.

    I don't have any idea what to do yet. Stabbing them is impossible they are tiny. To answer the other question, yes, they are two small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shit, how big are the big ones?
    And im honestly wondering what the fuck they're doing in there. I mean, Shoggoth is, however you look at it, a jar of certain death. to have shit living inside dead means theyre fucking super bugs.
    Im doubting bleach would kill those fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG ITS FUCKING ALIVE!!

    I would seriously say that either you get a big large container with a LID (not a wow manual...) OR you can just bleach those fuckers all the way to heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  14. to me and a pal it kinda looks like woodlouses, just with glowing eyes, AKA ULTRA SCARY CREEPS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. To anon who suggested a lid:

    I take it you mean that he should starve them of oxygen?
    There's a problem that's been raised numerous times; Shoggoth needs the oxygen. He was raised WITH oxygen, so he needs it.
    Pestilence COULD, however, slowly learn Shoggoth to do without oxygen, instead having him live of self-created alchohol (Or was it methanol or something?).

    But yeah, things living inside Shoggoth, that's REALLY bad. HOW CAN THEY LIVE INSIDE DEATH ITSELF.

    Maybe you could give Shoggoth some poison or something, just to let him adapt to it, then flood him in it later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If i remember right he threw in some larvas...
    THEY SURVIVED OH GOD

    SHOGGIES

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think you should get some1 who knows something about this.... because either that or kill it.. srsly this can be dangerous.. but get some biologist or whatever they are called..

    ReplyDelete
  18. To anon who commented my lit

    No, i was thinking of something with holes in it, so that oxygen still was available, but those creeps/bugs can't get out

    ReplyDelete
  19. The larvas i threw in weeks ago didnt survive and werent this big.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did a project in college bout larvas, and I am about 99% sure that these are a mutated form.
    I've studied them,
    First things first DONT TOUCH THEM WITH BARE SKIN! It'll give you a rash like if you touch a hairy catapiller.
    Now, DON't feed Shoffogth untill someone who knows about this sort of thing ha seen it, this type of insect lives of mold growing on food.
    Please don't ignore this, I know what I'm talking about here and this could be dangerous! (I have a degree in this shit!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know a guy that works as a bug exterminator and he knows a lot about bugs. I'll see if I can get him to look at that picture, or if you can, try to get a better picture of them. Ill see what he has to say.

    -Meaty

    ReplyDelete
  22. GARBLE GARBLE

    ReplyDelete
  23. The moment I saw that I got some fucking massive shivers. I hate... no hate is not adequate to describe my feelings for all tiny, creepy crawling bugs. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't get the image out of my head.

    Burn it, bleach it. Just get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dont worry guys, i read ALL comments.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would go with centipedes, they live in moist places and normally under dead leafs (mold?). Their shell is hardened too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. To be perfectly honest, I agree with the select few who said to kill this guy. I understand possible emotional attachments(?) to Shoggoth, but he (gender?) has been far too uncontrolled in his growth.
    Kweesel (Spelling?) was a mini-test run, and this guy was your first real run through of this kind. With Shoggoth, you were much more prepared, albeit still shocked by many of the circumstances. If you start this a third time, you'd BEGIN with much superior equipment (masks, suits, etc.), as well as a larger/better container.

    I would and DO completely advise you to just burn it, and I say this devoid of sarcasm, seeing as it very well may have a nice batch of defenses to it's name. With the third try, this can be much better contained, because let's be honest.

    This thing can and already has caused harm to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. In anaerobic conditions regular bacteria produce alcohol (whether its ethanol or methanol etc is irrelevant) as a waste product of respiration, this is not a problem until it gets to high enough levels to kill off all the bacteria in shoggoth. I think if you say put a lid on it one day a week, then increase it bit by bit you will encourage anaerobic bacteria to thrive until shoggoth could be completely anerobic, this would allow the project to continue with radically less chance of infection spreading. and it has the added bonus of putting small amounts of alcohol in the mix which will kill off weaker bacteria making the mix stronger as a whole, AND if you leave it long enough shoggoth may become flamable. I'm sorry but the only way you can send him off is setting it on fire and pushing it out to sea/river like a viking.

    Also what shall we call the bugs? Shoggites? Shogglings? alcohol and anaerobic conditions would probably kill them off quicker than shoggoth.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How can bugs be more dangerous then the tiny, airborn Shogghth spores that can penetrate the mask? If Shoggoth didn't kill you, bugs sure as hell won't.

    What I find curious about this is; how the fuck did they get there in the first place?

    I like the idea of larva mutating, but does that sort of thing really happen? I thought it takes generations for mutations to show in a species due to toxicity/evolution/radiation/whatever. Then again, this is a larva, not an adult unit. So, are larva comparable to a fetus? Still able to develop horrid mutations due to their developing nature?

    If you truly do have mutant larva in there, you are officially king of everything! You must study them more.

    Then again, I'm basically full of shit, I only had a C in biology.

    ReplyDelete
  29. If they are Larva, they will change once again. So there is a possibility that the envirnoment will affect the end result.

    They like burrowing themselves into shoggoth alot so i havent been able to take more pictures, only a really shitty quality 30 second video that i took earlier today.

    The name? i dont know.

    They are not maggots or cockroach larva so i feel kind of better about them now, though they still are eating my baby right now. Or reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You just created your own children
    larva children
    congratulations, you are officially a god

    ReplyDelete
  31. If living creatures have got in there it means that they always have been trying to get in, only now have ones adapted to the surroundings got in, and they will thrive, they will not mutate lol its not possible, larvae don't usually have legs so thats probably their final form.

    ReplyDelete
  32. If that's a larval form...what does the adult form look like?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Whatever it will be, it will not be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hahaha holy shit dude, I just found out now you have a blog, I've enjoyed the hellgoo thread a few weeks ago. This is wonderful.
    Now you REALLY have to get this crap analised at the University of Groningen, or just send a picture of the larvae to Biologisch centrum Haren, they should know what it is.
    Keep it up! I'll favourite this blog nao!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think the Shoggies are Shoggoth's babies. Keep that shit alive just to see what happens. I also agree with that other anon. We should totally call them shoggies. Or maybe shogglings. They may have a symbiotic relationship. They can't eat the solid food you throw iun, but they CAN eat Shoggoth. And then Shoggoth gets ot eat their little dead bodies. And are they reproducing? If they are, then it's not a larval form, it's their only form. I hope this becomes widespread, and we get patches of Shoggoths and Shoggies living together in HARMONY HARMONY LOVE. I think it's adorable in a sickening way.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is entirely sarcastic, but since your doing the whole apocalypse warning signs thing, i think its relevant...
    Middle of revelation, new testament, its prophesized that "a beast will rise from the waters, etc"
    Revelation 13
    So if they start saying blashphemous things about god, kill it :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. http://pestcontrolcanada.com/Questions/Ohio%20carpet%20beetle%20larva.jpg

    Is that them?
    It would fit (From Wikipedia):
    "Most larvae are found on human corpses during the dry and skeletal phases of decomposition, which occurs several days after death. Larvae also move away from light and often hide in any cavity in order to remain undisturbed."

    "These beetles are significant in forensic entomology. Some species are known to be associated with decaying carcasses which help with criminal investigations. Also some species are pests (urban entomology) and can cause millions of dollars in damage to natural fibers in homes and to major businesses.
    They are used in taxidermy and natural history museums to clean animal skeletons"

    ReplyDelete
  38. I found those same larvae when googling yes, they do look kind of familliar.

    And spinkazu, dont forget that people are starting to call me Pestilence these days :P

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Ohio carpet beetle does look a lot like the picture, but it's a north-american species, and the hell goo is european.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Maybe shoggoth is growing bones...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous said...

    The Ohio carpet beetle does look a lot like the picture, but it's a north-american species, and the hell goo is european.


    Carpet beetles of various species are found worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  42. the guy that has been following you since day 1March 26, 2010 at 2:30 AM

    hey, i'm the guy that suggested the chicken burger, made shoggoth famous on /sci/ and some other shit.

    i just want to tell you one thing.

    KEEP THIS ALIVE.

    you have come very far, now see this trough.
    shoggies are awesome, shoggoth is getting awesomer by the day.
    you just can't waste this. you don't know if you'll ever be able to do it again.
    you may have found your recipe to fame.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Scary, scary shit bro.

    Light it on fucking fire, seriously.

    Start over again.
    Bugs are not cool.
    Imagine if this type of bug manages to escape the jar and go into the real world and reproduce? What if they bite people?

    You could have just created the next plague rat or some shit.

    Pour gasoline into the jar, toss a match at it, then pour more gas into the jar and light that on fire too, double cleanse that shit, then fucking put a lid on the jar and put a skull and crossbones sign on it.

    It must be purged in the emperors name.

    ReplyDelete
  44. That's it... screw Cthulu, I'm going with Shoggoth now

    ReplyDelete
  45. Also record the cleansing fire if that's what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  46. OH SHIT SON, THAT IS FUCKING DISGUSTING

    ReplyDelete
  47. I don't think that fire would be wise. Surely some toxic smoke would occur. If not, spores in the smoke.

    Anyway, keep it alive. You can not kill him now.

    Also, those are larve. There is their final phase. http://www.vanaqua.org/aquanew/uploads/isopod_noaa_300.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  48. Where are their from ? The belly of the spider, of course. It eats something which contains eggs, can't digest the eggs (you killed it before he could digest/get rid of them), so now you have insects everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Shoggoth is organic, so it should burn clearly assuming it burns completely.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Shit, that could be them to indeed anon above dreamseeker.

    And yes if they'd turn into giant isopods that would be awsome seeing as they are my favorite animal to have ever spawned on this earth. But sadly...


    Im not giving up yet guys.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dude, just kill it. You can wait a couple of days, sure, I wanna see those bugs evolve too. But after that: Fire!
    I live in Denmark, I'll gladly come to Holland and do it for you, if you can't for sentimental reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is just soooo damn cool! Those things don't only manage to live in Shoggoth, they dig into him! It's like swimming in lava/acid mix with spikes and lava sharks and lasers killing you. Surely nothing could kill those little bastards...

    When you threw in some larvae, didn't you mention that some of them crawled into Shoggoth?

    It would be pretty damn cool if those were the larvae you threw in that day, but sadly it's probably not even possible for them to have survived.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm just gonna point out that those look a hell of a lot like beetle larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I didn't follow your blog before, but if I were you I'd boil the shit out of that goo to get rid of those maggots.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

    ReplyDelete