Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 92: Incoming "No Fun Allowed" reactions.













"hey man put some mice in" "mice mice mice" "This has never been said before but throw a mouse in"

You guys really hate mice huh.


I know that you all want mice in shoggoth, but i currently dont, and especially not live ones. I'd get attached to those. (Being raised with lots of pets does that to you.)

As ive said, It will smell terribly and i'd have to put it outside again because of the smell, in that cold shed, and you know what happens when i do that. And not to mention, Maggots.

I. Hate. Maggots.
Theyre disgusting, and that's coming from the guy who tries to check a pot full of slime and fungi every day. And they scare the fuck out of me. Ugh. I'd rather stick my hand into shoggoth than having to touch a maggot with a single finger with a condom wrapped around it.
(Hey, what effect would lube have on shoggoth?)

Anyway, so no, i'm not planning to throw in mice, especially since i already know what would happen anyway.
* body decomposes way faster than usual,
* I'd die from the smell,
* And in the case of an alive mouse, the mouse would die within a day.
* There's a nice small skeleton in shoggoth now, which MIGHT dissolve like Kweeksel did after day 122. But i doubt that would happen seeing as it's already taking ages to make a whole apple dissapear.

Speaking of which, i flipped over the apple to speed up the process seeing as i want eggs inside instead. Which will smell worse than mice, but whatever, a fetus is more awsome than a critter.

Why am i sure that the mouse will die? Kweeksel started killing birds after day 89 and Shoggoth > Kweeksel in many ways.

I'm fine with insects, i mean exoskeletons devouring is way more awsome than skin and hair. But you know that i'm already throwing in insects once in a while, like those larva who died in ~7 minutes. Or the slug who just melted as if there was lots of salt in, while theres barely any.

I still need to get the liquid sample analyzed, i wouldnt know where though. Maybe i'll have to ask my old school if i can borrow a microscope.. I'll call the doctor later to.
It feels kind of weird to have a syringe filled with shoggoth with you to be honest. Brb bio-terrorism.

I'm prepared to throw in my own blood, waste my money on chemicals, get private doctors, etc. But i'd rather skip mice.

You can start yelling your "no fun allowed" reactions at me now.

3 comments:

  1. If your cool with insects, why not pick up some live locusts from a pet store? they would be rather interesting to see decompose, but you might have trouble keeping them in the tub.

    An idea I had today, have you considered switching Shoggoth to feed on protein? Not from meat because = maggots, but what about egg or whey protein (the body building stuff) nothing with creatine in though. This could would promote the growth of any protein feeding bacteria within Shoggoth, more of them means more proteases etc, which could lead to flesh eating bacteria :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see how long ants/cockroaches could survive.

    And yeah, I'd like to see how long it would take to kill a mouse, but I could never bring myself to do it, and seeing it done would give me the sads :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protein... Im going to need beans. And more milk. Throwing in an egg later though.

    ReplyDelete